Android and iOS devices have become really popular now but the main question comes for the security of the mobile devices. The data is stored in the mobile only and hackers are using the latest technology to hack that from the user’s phones. So mobile security is one of the most important aspect in the mobile world.
Mobile devices are flourishing and their diversity is growing. Mobile devices are of used precisely where they are most vulnerable in public places like airplanes, lobbies, taxies etc. Only few of the mobile devices are secured against the attacks from the hackers. There are different types of issues associated with the mobile security such as Physical Risk, Mobile data storage device risks, network risks, viruses (e.g SMS Trojan viruses, advertising modules). Phishing, Fake wireless access points, Wireless man-in-the-middle attacks are some of the real world attack techniques that a hacker uses.
This article explains how to tackle with the mobile security problems
There are some testing techniques and some methods via which this can be achieved.
- End to End Mobile Security Testing – This particular methodology is used to test whether the flow of an application is performing desired function ensuring the personal and confidential information is safe on phone. It is not deleted or transferred to any devices.
- Data Protection – This is particularly done to protect data from attackers. This can be done by providing regular updates to software, changing the internal code of storing the information into device. Performing regular maintenance and taking backup of your system is also one of the part of data protection.
- Mobile Security Testing – It can be performed by checking data flow, authentication, server-side controls and points of entry in mobile apps.
- Control Several Threats – Mobile security applications should be designed to control the browser threats, malicious apps, back-end services.
- Secure Network – The apps should run from secure network and simple way of protecting a network resource is by assigning it a unique name and a corresponding password.
- Mobile Penetration testing – This methodology of testing is followed by actually passing some invalid contents within the mobile apps. Techniques used by hackers such as phishing, attacking a WIFI and then checking if we can access the data of apps are tested via this method.
- Mobile Application Source Code Review – The source code review is also one of the most important part of apps which we should be doing with the experienced developers. The security measure has to be implemented and data transfer and protection can be reviews with this.
There are some other ways also in which we can tackle the mobile security problems. Mobile users may avoid some sensitive data to be stored in device and clear memory after we use any app. Know your data, know your platforms and use the knowledge to protect your phone and your apps.