The annual Mary Meeker report is out which is considered as the Gospel for the Tech industry. The industry awaits the commentary and takes that a benchmark for the year going forward. The full 213 Slides is available here http://www.kpcb.com/internet-trends
They main Key take away form me are
- Global Internet Year on Year Growth is slowing down with exception for India
- Smart phone year on Year growth is slowing down.
- Voice and Image search is increasing at the fastest pace.
- UGC or User Generated content in Broadcasting is a reality
- Messaging platforms is growing rapidly.
- Smart phone Home screen was the de facto portal on home screens and only messaging apps have the opportunity to replace this.
- Car Industry is going through a paradigm shift
- Transportation is being re-imagined, as the rise of car computerization, autonomous driving, and sharing transform our understanding of mobility.
- Data as a platform with data security as the largest concern
Read the full report here